KOLGANS ESTATE - RIETVLEI ROAD (NEXT TO EMILY MOON)
KOLGANS – SLEEPS 14 GUESTS
Only a few minutes to the shops and beaches, this property offers space, privacy and incredible views over the Bitou River. Located next to the popular Emily Moon, enjoy your own private retreat away from the crowds.
X2 Staff included, Wi-Fi, Full DSTV and each home has their own swimming pool and entertainment areas.
There are two thatched houses both which have access to the Bitou River and fully equipped lapa on the Bitou River.
Kolgans 1: 4 Bedrooms/3 Bathrooms: Sleeps 8 guests.
Kolgans 2: 3 Bedrooms/3 Bathrooms: Sleeps 6-8 guests.
Open-plan kitchen and living room with large flat screen TV, DSTV and wooden glass doors opening onto the river facing wooden decked patio. There is a covered patio area with cushions and a gas braai.
To the right of the kitchen is the indoor dining area and bar with large built-in fireplace, drinks fridge – great for braais and pootjies with views of the river. The dining table seats 10.
At the front of the house is an enclosed pool and braai area with 6 wooden sun loungers and cushions.
To the right of the dining and bar area is one guest bedroom, the master bedroom is to the right of the lounge area and another two bedrooms and shared bathroom are up 3 stairs. There is a kid’s room with TV with DSTV, and surround sound. DVD player. Doors open out onto the pool and outdoor braai area.
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS:
Main Bedroom: X1 King sized bed with dressing room and full en-suite bathroom: Bath, Shower and Toilet with views over the river and valley. The bedroom has a ceiling fan and TV. There are two cupboards which are locked and excluded from the booking. The bedroom has wooden flooring, while the bathroom has a combination of carpet and tiles.
Bedroom 2: Queen bed with full en-suite bathroom: Bath, Shower and Toilet. Ceiling fan and views of the river and valley. Carpeted floors and tiled bathrooms.
Bedroom 3: Double Bed with ceiling fan and mountain views. Laminated floors.
Bedroom 4: Double Bed with ceiling fan and garden views. Laminated floors.
Family Bathroom: for Bedrooms 3 and 4 to share: Shower, Bath and Toilet.
Separate guest toilet.
Amenities Check List:
- Bed linen, bath and swimming towels are provided.
- Rate includes X2 cleaning ladies from 8am until 2pm for weekdays (excluding public holidays). Kindly provide the ladies with basic tea/coffee and a light lunch.
- Uncapped WiFi at 4mbps.
- Swimming pool with built-in braai. Wooden dining table seating 8 and 6 sun loungers and cushions.
- Front patio: Wooden decked seating area with stunning views. There is a gas braai to use on the deck.
- Kitchen: SMEG oven hob combo: 5 plate gas hob and electric oven. Nespresso machine: Please bring your own original Nespresso coffee pods as these are not available in Plett. X1 Fridge/Freezer combo.
- Scullery: X1 Full standing freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Laundry: Top loader washing machine and tumble drier.
- Premium DSTV. The lounge and bedroom 2 share the same decoder while the kids room has its own decoder.
- The swimming pool has no net and no fence. Due to the high wooden decks and open dam area, the property is not suited to families with babies and small children.
- Non smoking home.
- For those with allergies: The owners have cats and X2 dogs which will not be in residence during your stay. The property will be thoroughly cleaned prior to arrival, however there may be trace elements.
3 Bedrooms/3 bathrooms – Sleeping 6-8
This house is to the right of the property and has a double garage.
Enter through the lovely garden to the front door. Enter and enjoy the views over the river and valley. To the right is a large open-plan living and kitchen area. Large flat-screen TV and DSTV. Indoor dining table seating 8 and a separate dining area seating 16. Doors leads out onto the covered entertainment area with outdoor dining table, seating and a plunge pool overlooking the river and firepit. There is a herb and vegetable garden as well as your own lemon tree.
The country style kitchen is well equipped and has a walk-in cold room and separate fridge and freezer combo – great to stock up during the peak season.
The master bedroom is spacious with a king bed with mosquito net and views over the river. There is a free-standing bath, indoor fireplace and two upholstered chairs and flat-screen TV with DSTV. Doors lead out onto a private viewing deck overlooking the River and valley. Dressing room area, Full bathroom with shower, double basin and separate toilet and bidet. Doors lead out to a secluded and private outdoor bath.
Bedroom 2: This is an open loft room above the kitchen area accessed via a wooden yellowwood staircase with a double bed with mosquito net and en-suite bathroom: Shower and Toilet. Views from the bed over the river and mountains.
Bedroom 3: This is accessed from the garden courtyard up a few stairs.
Open-plan room with a double wooden sleigh bed and full bathroom, mini kitchenette with TV and independent DSTV. Views of the river and valley.
*There are two single mattresses for kids to sleep on the floor of the study.
General and shared amenities: Paved driveway leads from the tarred Rietvlei road with remote controlled gate. The property has electric fencing. There is a dam and the top of the property and parking for 4 vehicles undercover.
There is a children’s play area.
Lapa area which is equipped with braais, firepit, fridge, hot and cold water (gas geyser) and equipped with glasses and cooking items. Access to the wooden jetty with two canoes and a viewing deck over the river. Outside Shower.