MARINER'S MOON - LOOKOUT - PLETTENBERG BAY
6 Bedrooms/6 Bathrooms – Sleeps 12.
One of the best! This upmarket and spacious holiday home is one of the grand ladies of Plett with incredible views of the lagoon, sea and mountains and a short walk to Lookout Beach.
Push open the massive front door and, from a double-height foyer, there’s a grand view through to the sea. The 40ft-long main living space has sofas and fireplaces at one end, and a dining area and open-plan kitchen (one of two) at the other. Beyond is a lovely veranda with cane furniture cushioned in tasteful blue-and-taupe ticking.
There are six suites with different accent-colours, some with open-plan bedroom-bathrooms. The two main suites, separated by a suiting room, share a sun terrace with views of Keurboom’s River, the Indian Ocean and the swimming pool below. The over-scaled armchairs, block-printed soft furnishings and smart South African paintings are all in the best possible taste. Downstairs is a casual sitting room and bar/kitchen, plus a fabulous ‘Media Room’ with a massive screen for in-house movies.
Enter the house into the spacious open-plan living area, dining and kitchen. All with stunning views of the bay. The kitchen is well equipped with a separate scullery. There’s a small herb garden available for fresh pickings. Dining table seats 10. Lounge has a TV as well as an indoor wood burning fire-place for cooler months.
Doors lead onto the covered and expansive outdoor entertainment area. This has lovely views of the sea, lagoon and mountains. There’s an outdoor seating area and outdoor dining table with weber braai, built-in braai and pizza oven.
Stairs lead to the top floor which has 2 Master Bedrooms as well as a TV and study area.
Bedrooms 3-6. Cinema Room, Kitchen area and table tennis. Doors lead onto the decked pool area which has a rim-flow pool overlooking the ocean.
Garage area: This is another level down and accessed from Sydney Street. There is off-street parking – accessed from Hill Street, uncovered for 8 vehicles. Entrance door is accessed from this parking area.
BEDROOMS & BATHROOM CONFIGURATION:
Bedroom 1: King sized bed with full en-suite bathroom: Shower, Slipper bath & toilet. Dressing Room. Sea Views and door to balcony. Ceiling fan.
Bedroom 2: King sized bed with full en-suite bathroom: Shower, bath & toilet. Sea Views and door to balcony.
Bedroom 3: X1 Queen Bed with en-suite bathroom: Shower, bath & Toilet. Views and door to pool area
Bedroom 4: X1 Queen Bed with en-suite bathroom: Shower, bath & Toilet. Partial views and door to pool area.
Bedroom 5: X2 3/4 Beds with views and door leading to the patio and en-suite bathroom: Bath, Shower, Toilet and Double Basin.
Bedroom 6: X1 King sized Bed with views and door leading to the patio and en-suite bathroom: Shower and Toilet.
Accommodation & facility check list:
- Property is equipped with an inverter for the lights, Wi-Fi, TV and some plugs.
- Two staff members included in the rental for weekdays. Overtime, weekends and public holidays are optional and extra.
- Linen, bath and beach/swimming towels are provided.
- DSTV decoder including smart card available & included in rental.
- Kitchen equipped with ice-machine, microwave, fridge & freezer combo
- Gas Hob 4 plate with a griller. Electric oven.
- Scullery equipped with: walk-in fridge, dishwasher
- Laundry is equipped with washing machine & tumble drier & chest freezer.
- Weber braai, built-in braai and Pizza oven
- Garage parking for 1 vehicle accessed from Sydney Street. No inter-leading door to house. Further parking for 2 vehicles off Hill Street behind remote controlled gates and guest parking on the driveway (unfenced) for another 3 vehicles.
- No pets allowed.
- Strictly non-smoking home, please smoke outside
- Due to the high walls, balconies and unsecured pool, this home is not suitable for babies or toddlers. Children under 12 – on special request only.
- The house has an alarm system and some electric fencing.
- WIFI available.
- Please note: There is a room completely independent from the house which is the staff’s private room and is not available or included in the rental.